Our E-commerce Objectives Specification is a strategy that we specially designed to assist in the strategic planning of e-commerce sites. EOS integrates online business best practices with in-depth business experience throughout many industries and consists of separate stages for research as well as strategy, along with planning, and information architecture.
Research & Strategy
online commerce business.
- Company vision, mission, tagline, strategy business proposition, branding
- Industry completeness, naming and terminology, growth rate and direct competitors
- Product attributes, variables, terminology, 80/20
- Ecommerce site objectives and business goals
- Existing site analytics
- Understanding primary, secondary and tertiary
- Demographic, gender, age, socio-economics, geographic location, web savvy, specific needs
- Exposure to current product
- Brand oriented
- Price oriented
- Take a look at direct competitors (online) Online business site layout, model and unique functionality.
- Discover with what competitors succeed online and with what they don’t.
- Investigate opportunities using online media
- Search for indirect competitor offerings
- Analyze similar niche sites to learn more
SEO Keyword Research
- Keyword relevancy: do your site’s products/services satisfy the query?
- Keyword popularity: does the query have significant search volume?
- Keyword clarity: is “apple” a fruit or related to iphones?
- Commercial factors: does the user typing this query wish to buy? Or easily learn? We would like to target shoppers first.
- Desired features and functionalities to support product and user
- Timetable till product launch
- Desired market share for Ecommerce site
- I want to be like…examples of model Ecommerce sites
- Initial and monthly budget to support project development and maintenance
The building blocks of a profitable E-commerce website is a correctly articulated technique. Understanding about both:
- What we want the site to accomplish for our business
- What we want the site to accomplish for our users
- Supports all decisions we need to make regarding all facets of an Online business website.
A clear idea of what the Online business website is about and precisely what the site visitors desire.
Translating the requirements of the users and the goals of the online business website into distinct needs for the content and features of the site.
- Determine primary, secondary and tertiary target audience according to research findings
- Define personas (articulated summary of the functions, requirements, motivations, and atmosphere of your company's defined site users)
- Draw possible scenarios (case studies) for each of the personas
- Define basic site functionality
- Define advanced and unique site functionality
- Characterize custom user requirements (for each persona)
- Define user profile management requirements
- Locate transactional features (shopping process, integration with backend systems such as inventory system, POS software, etc.)
- Define administrative functionality and requirements
- Content types and formats
- Content management requirements, authorizations, workflow
- User generated content areas, moderation, workflow
- Specify search behavior and advanced search capabilities to assist quick location of data
- Auto complete sources, automatic spell corrections, similar terms display
- Expected user volumes
- Security needs (is the website a secure website, rules for passwords, secure shopping cart)
- Performance requirements (i.e. page load time)
- Support requirements
- Database sizes and types
- Supported browser types, including browser resolutions
- URL structure definition
- Homepage and all landing-page content accommodation
- Metadata scripting
- Dynamic sitemaps management (XML/HTML)
- Robots.txt file definition
- Custom 404 page content and structure
- Internal search management and tracking
- Analytics code implementation
- 80/20 Landing page mapping
- Landing page layout and structure
- Landing page cross links and cohesiveness
- All tab content must be indexable
- Returns our focus on those areas of the site our users are going to discover first - the visual aspects of the site
- Includes the brand identity, the kind of audience, the “story” the website needs to tell, the tone as well as imagery which the site must take on
A list of all needs - provides the scope of what's going to be a part of the final product.
The fitting together of all needs and progression of a purposeful design for the online business site. The functional Design gives structure to the goals of needs, finding out particular elements of interface, navigation information design.
- Assists direct users surfing in the website to ascertain positive user experience
- Create a precise taxonomy of all of the elements of the Online business website
- Cluster similar items into groups
- Prioritize groups by importance
- Highlight important items and place in higher location in tree
- Add navigation aids – sitemaps, quick links, cross links
- Define a distinctive and clear label for every item in taxonomy (such as the label utilized for a particular product category)
- Make sure labeling is in correlation with SEO needs
- Make sure there is no semantic overlap between labels
- The functional design makes sure that customer precisely understands what the scope of work is
- Designers and software developers understand just how and what they need to implement
- Discovers all capabilities on a page and where to place every item
- Prioritizes skills - the most crucial capabilities are prominently positioned on a webpage
- Sketch all website pages from the homepage as well as landing pages to particular web pages
- UEX guideline needs to assist creative designers and software programmers to build an easy to use an app.
- Set quantifiable usability goals for an app (time, accuracy, all-around success, user happiness)
- Define how specific design elements behave.
- Define non-standard user interface components
Syncing all needs to build a functional design for the Online business website. The functional Design provides structure to the mass of needs, finding out distinct areas of interface, navigation as well as information design.
The results make it possible for us to provide a clear visual prototype of the online business website as an approach to connect with the customer, visual designers, content experts, and developers.
Start discovering the initial visual design concept as well as interaction options by concentrating on style, tone, information design, user interaction, rich media composition along with other user interface elements. Whenever the visual design concept is approved, we implement the Design on all pages.
- Keep a design kickoff meeting, ask queries and survey to stakeholders in a project.
- Feedback is understood and the adjectives and themes identified are translated into design principles like balance and emphasis.
- Visual language is focused, Style Tiles are utilized to provide the customer with a point of reference to assess if you both are on the same page.
- We iterate Style Tiles. Iterating on Style Tiles is a more straightforward and more direct method of improving a visual design, which makes them an excellent choice for reaching the final goal quicker.
- A primary color palette - This must include 1-3 primary colors and 2-3 secondary colors (Black and white count).
- A primary logo mark and word mark.
- A secondary logo mark or Word Mark or both - We create this for use in the place of your company's primary logo, as an accent on the site.
- Fonts - These could be as simple as Helvetica, or they could be custom-built. If you’re searching for user-friendliness, choose a widely-distributed font which is available on all computers. If you'd like something far more unique, you'll be able to select a lesser-known font or perhaps construct your own.
- Some form of texture - This could be a complicated pattern or a simple color overlay which you place on top of photography. Regardless of what you do, ensure that the textures you incorporate could be used on anything from printed pieces to your company's site.
- Tips for photography - These don’t have to be in-depth, but provide a general idea of which kind of photography is “on-brand.” Would you like to see people in your company's pictures? Do you need to view their faces? Should photos be Posed or more dynamic?
- Front-end style guides are a modular collection of all of the elements in your company's product’s user interface, along with code snippets for developers to copy and paste as required to apply those elements.
- A part of the UI style guide is standard UI components such as buttons, form-input elements, navigation menus, modal overlays, as well as icons.
- A front-end style guide is both a deliverable designed by the UX team (in collaboration with the engineering team, usually) and a tool utilized by the whole team for keeping steady, flexible product design in a modular format.
These deliverables assist in forming a common visual language amongst the designers as well as the stakeholders and offering a catalyst for discussions around the preferences and objectives of the customer.
The result is a vibrant, innovative website design which shapes the user experience and confirms the e-commerce website credibility.
CRM software. Quality assurance and usability reviews are carried out within the testing environment.
- A blend of programming and layout which strengthens the visuals and interactions of the web.
- The beautiful exterior which gives the house character, or the host who invites guests in and ensures they feel at home.
- Front End Development comes with the code which makes sites mobile-friendly as well as responsive
- It’s the framework that enables data to get shared throughout accounts or people. It’s the adhesive that holds the web together.
- If a site had been a plant, back-end web development would be the root system. It’s the element that offers the energy (food and water, in this case) which powers the plant and makes it possible for it to grow.
- Backend Development consists of building databases and extracting data from databases, and languages like Asp.net, and PHP
APIs & 3rd Party Integration
- Customer Experience Applications: They are applications that improve the customer’s experience on your company's site by providing additional capabilities, tools or services.
- Marketing, Analytics, and Performance Measurement Applications: These elements are similar to a “Big Brother” that, behind the scenes, monitors and keeps track of customer transactions as well as your website’s effectiveness.
- Business Operations Management Applications: They are “back-office” applications which need integration with your company's online business website for the best smooth-running, effective business operations as well as supply chain management.
- We give ecommerce-specific tactics needed to increase organic search traffic
- Elements like: Website Architecture, Keyword Optimization, Crawl Optimization are reviewed to ascertain optimum SEO compliance
- E-commerce Pages, which includes - Homepage, Listing, and Product Detail pages are evaluated from an SEO viewpoint to make sure the website is SEO optimized
- Testing Functionality
- Testing E-commerce Application Workflow
- Payment Gateway Functionality
- Performing Security and Vulnerability Assessments
- Checking Compatibility With the Web Browser
- Testing Mobile Responsiveness
- We compare an e-commerce website with 642 user experience guidelines prioritized by UX influence to enhance the User Experience efficiency and conversion rate of your company's e-commerce website.
- View the gap between your company's effectiveness and the top-rated e-commerce websites’ UX performance and discover what it usually takes to build an interface which outperforms them.
- Find out what design patterns to A/B test and precisely what to test.
Ecommerce site is constructed and the following elements are delivered:
- HTML Templates
- Front End Development
- Back End Development
- Integrations Implemented and Tested
- SEO Tested Checklist
- Functionality Tested Checklist
- UX Tested Checklist
We create, test, and build a website entirely according to best practices all through multiple fields such as - SEO, UX Design, and front-end as well as back-end technologies.
Whenever the entire development is complete, testing is carried out - along with the customer's internal department - on the website within a live production environment. Deployment, as well as launch phase, make sure all of the elements are functioning and operating under load, and that traffic is originating from search engines like Google effectively reaches new landing pages.
- All of the content is copied over
- Your entire rich media - i.e., images as well as video files - will be downloaded and stored into a database
- All photos will be compressed and enhanced before being re-uploaded on the new website
- Title, description and other tags are optimized for keywords
- Check and redirect old URLs
- Review your Metadata
- Implement schema markup
- Check for duplicate content
- Generate and Submit Your XML Sitemap
- Ensure analytics tracking code is working
- Test 301 redirects in Pre-Production
- Request CDN Change & Test CDN Change in Pre-Production
- Change DNS Records
- Ensure SEO has been Approved
- Ensure Anyaltics has Been Approved
- Test Domain Mapping in Pre-Production
- Images have been optimised
- Enable gzip compression
- Ensure only necessary fonts, weights and character sets are installed
- Run and pass, Google and Webpage speed test
- Incorporate CDN / Caching as required
The e-commerce website is all set for launch and, ready to go live elements incorporated are:
- Content and Products are Ready for a Live Environment
- SEO Final Checks Set and Ready for Live Enviroment
- All Performance Tests are Done
The site is all set to go live and prepared to begin generating ROI, and delivering your organization goals.
Ecommerce Objectives Strategy(EOS) Methdology
Our customers immensely love our EOS methodology. Here's why:
It ascertains your website features a search-engine friendly architecture, which then quickly creates traction along with targeted traffic.
It prepares for a structured sales process, which then helps make conversion rates and average ticket prices rise.
It is mainly responsible for a pleasant, relaxed shopping experience, which then results in happy users who love to come back for more.
It prepares for the integration of revolutionary online store tools, user communities, along with online assistance, which then helps in keeping clients involved as well as happy.
It assists to enhance administration performance and boost process automation, which then pushes administration expenses down.
It plans for maximum freedom and scalability, which in turn assures that your company's website effortlessly fits future needs.